November 16-17, 2006 - Salt Lake City, UT
On November 16 and 17, 2006, regional and national energy efficiency professionals gathered at the Snowbird Resort near Salt Lake City to hear the state of energy efficiency in the Southwest, and to learn about new and emerging policy opportunities and technologies that will reduce barriers to and result in greater energy efficiency adoption across the region.
SWEEP's third annual Southwest Regional Energy Efficiency Workshop, sponsored by Questar Gas Company and Rocky Mountain Power, provided a forum for utility representatives and others to hear the latest on demand-side management program development from the region's utilities, get updated on state policy efforts, and learn about emerging energy efficiency policies and technologies. Attendees included regional utility, regulatory, state, and nonprofit representatives, all of whom were provided ample opportunities for networking and informal information sharing.
Below you will find links to workshop materials and presentations.
In addition, the 2006 workshop included the presentation of SWEEP's Second Annual Leadership in Energy Efficiency Award. Given annually to policy makers and others who demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing energy efficiency in the Southwest, this year's award honored Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., who earlier this year announced an ambitious plan to increase energy efficiency in Utah, save consumers and businesses money, and achieve a goal of 20% energy efficiency improvement statewide by 2015.
For additional information about the workshop, please contact Mark Ruzzin at SWEEP at email@example.com.
- Click here to see photos from this year's workshop!
- 2006 Progress Report: State of Energy Efficiency Efforts in the Southwest
Howard Geller, Southwest Energy Efficiency Project
- Xcel Energy Update
Deb Sundin, Xcel Energy
- Rocky Mountain Power Update
Jeff Bumgarner, Rocky Mountain Power
- Nevada Power/Sierra Pacific Power Update
Larry Holmes, Nevada Power
- PNM Energy Efficiency Group: Proposed 2007 Program Plan
Erick Seelinger, Public Service of New Mexico
- Arizona Public Service Energy Efficiency Update
Tom Hines, Arizona Public Service
- Salt River Project 2007 & 2008 Energy Conservation Programs
Salt River Project was unable to attend the workshop
- Southwest Gas: Proposed 2006 DSM Programs for Arizona
Rita Ransom, Southwest Gas
- Questar Gas Update
Dan Dent, Questar Gas
- Utah's Energy Efficiency Policy and Plan
Laura Nelson, Utah Office of the Governor
- Energy Efficiency and Climate Change Actions in Arizona
Steve Owens, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality
- New Mexico: Energy and Climate Policy
Sarah Cottrell, New Mexico Office of the Governor
- Energy Efficiency and Utility Profits: Do Your Incentives Need Alignment?
Wayne Shirley, Regulatory Assistance Project
- What's Cool in Cooling
Mark Cherniack, New Buildings Institute
- High Performance Building Design
Kris Leaf, The Weidt Group
- Energy Savings Opportunities for Utilities from Office Electronics and Plug Loads
Chris Calwell, Ecos Consulting
- Solar and Efficiency Powers Homes
Rob Hammon, ConSol
- Kennecott Lands Sustainable Communities
Piper Rhodes, Kennecott Land
- Energy Efficient New Homes
Eileen Jacobsen, UniSource Energy Services