Fri, 09/09/2016 - 04:25 PM
It's the first national Energy Efficiency Day: Get on board via social media.
On October 5, 2016, a network of organizations and partners across the country will join together to promote the benefits of energy efficiency for the first-ever, nationwide Energy Efficiency Day. You are invited to participate.
- Boost the visibility of energy efficiency and talk about its benefits
- Showcase people who are doing concrete, effective things to save energy and money
It's all happening this first year on social media, and we've made it easy for you to participate by providing a digital media toolkit on Dropbox. The toolkit has logos, hashtags, pictures and messages—everything you need to boost the visibility and benefits of energy efficiency here in the Southwest and nationally using your own digital media platforms: your website, Facebook page, Twitter, newsletter, blog, etc.
How to participate:
- Use shared hashtag #EEDay2016 in all your social media posts on October 5, 2016.
- Link your Energy Efficiency Day social media posts to your own website: stories of energy efficiency successes, reports or other content you have posted online.
- Use the toolkit. It includes ready-made social media memes and messages that you can post to your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social channels. Memes that are included in the toolkit highlight energy efficiency in various sectors (business, consumer, low-income equity and utilities).
- If you'd like to keep it simple, then retweet and share your favorite social media posts by SWEEP and others. Use the buttons at the bottom of this email to follow us on Twitter and Facebook if you don't already.
Create your own content:
Make the day your own! Incorporate Energy Efficiency Day messaging from the toolkit into your social media, blogs, emails, newsletters and other outlets. Key messages are available here: http://bit.ly/EEDayMessageTips
- One of the most effective things you can do is post pictures on social media of your staff working on energy efficiency projects. This helps people visualize what energy efficiency is and how many different kinds of jobs in energy efficiency are out there. Link to your website.
- Forward this email to your stakeholders/partners or members/customers so that they too can participate in Energy Efficiency Day on October 5.
Thanks in advance for promoting energy efficiency on Oct. 5.