Updated: October 2014
- Program Sponsor: U.S. Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- Summary/Status: This program is being implemented in partnership with lending companies nationwide that were approved for the Power Saver Program. The southwest region is served by AFC First Financial Corporation, Paramount Equity, W.J. Bradley, and Sun West Mortgage Company.
- Three loan products for a variety of improvement projects:
- PowerSaver Home Energy Upgrade – Up to $7,500 (unsecured)
- PowerSaver Second Mortgage – Up to $25,000 (secured)
- PowerSaver Energy Rehab – First mortgage, FHA 203K
- Sectors: Residential – single family homeowners
- Geographic Scope: National
- Types of Measures: Energy efficiency improvements ranging from whole house improvements to insulation additions, new HVAC equipment, duct sealing, or window replacements, as well as renewable energy systems.
- Other Qualifying Criteria: minimum credit score of 660
- Interest Rate: 4.99-9.99% (subject to change depending on market conditions)
- Maximum Financing Term: up to 20 years
- Loan Size: up to $25,000
- Type of Loan: Secured and Unsecured
More Information at http://energy.gov/eere/buildings/powersaver-loans